I love going out with my friends – trying new places and eating delicious food – no pretense and so need to dress up – just good old fashioned fun, food and aimless wandering. Luckily, I have friends who also love the same philosophy – tongues wagging over piles and piles of food, clubbing-fiends need not apply. A few weeks back, a friend of ours, Cliff, decided it would be a good idea to finally take my boyfriend and I out on a dinner trip for our birthdays (VERY BELATEDLY). So, off we went, to Portofino in New Farm to consume piles upon piles of delectable pizza and variations thereof.
FOR REFERENCE, WE ATE:
- Bruschetta – toasted ciabatta, diced tomato, fresh basil, red onion, olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Salad – Grilled chicken, goats cheese, mint, croutons, mixed lettuce salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Pizza, Regina – tomato, mozzarella, ham, mushroom and oregano.
- Pizza, Salami – tomato, mozzarella, chilli, salami and olives.
- Pizza, Prosciutto – tomato, mozzarella, prosciutto and rocket.
- Pizza, Capricciosa – tomato, mozzarella, olives, anchovies and capers.
After filling up on pizza and delicious bruchetta, we decided to risk the sogginess of the pitter-pattering rain and take a stroll down to Shlix to feast upon scrumptious gelato. Especially since one of our friends had very pro-actively sought out a $15 coupon, we managed to feast upon sorbet for the great price of nada. Let me tell you, and I’m not just telling you this because I’m Asian, but things that are free, are somehow more delicious!
Brisbane is such a lovely city – and since it was both freezing cold and rainy, very few denizens were out creating trouble in the Valley (which is infamous for it’s many denizens and much trouble) – so we managed to frolick through the streets whilst feasting on our sorbet, window shopping and commenting on disturbing (yet wonderfully creative) window displays. Lucky for me, I have friends that are willing to listen to my whimsy when I demand they stay still or “WALK VERRRRRYYY SLOWLY OVER THERE”.