Now this may astonish you (or dramatically not, depending on how well you know my marginally obsessive attitude), but I’ve found myself spending far more time choosing the outfits of my bridesmaids than for myself. I find it’s never too hard deciding what I like and what I don’t like – what I can afford and what I can’t afford – but shopping for other people? Shopping for loved ones – in so that they don’t look silly standing next to you in your white bouffy dress? Now that’s a hard choice. In fact, I have to admit to choosing the dresses for my bridesmaids BEFORE choosing my own wedding dress. Yes, I know, I’m a fairly special girl.
I waltzed the promenade that is the internet, with my nifty little debit card in tow, and a very solid set of regulations in mind:
- To the knee: Not awkwardly and inappropriately short and not so long as to end in the inelegant toppling of one of my bridesmaids.
- Colour in a broad range, circulating PANTONE SMART 14-1220X: Peach Nougat.
- Silver/gold embellishment.
- Will not fall off: strapless dresses duly avoided.
- Swishy: Because of the length of the dress, I didn’t want anything that would result in some form of dress-wedgie, but would flow around the thigh/knee area.
And then I found this:
This evening dress by Little Mistress has been crafted from a lightweight chiffon. The details include: a scoop neckline, sleeveless styling, a pleated bodice, a high, fitted waist with a curved, embellished waistband, sequin and bead detailing, soft pleating to the skirt and a dipped back with a wide, shirred panel to the reverse. The dress has been cut with a fluid fit.
T H A N K – Y O U , A S O S . C O M !
But with this done and sorted, I now have a new issue: finding shoes for my three lovely girls. With each one of them looming over me (I’m a bit of a midget – average height in the Asiatic world, absolutely puny in the Caucasian one), I’m doing the search for pairs of nicely flat (or flat-ish) shoes – and now the decision is – open-toe VS closed-toe. DECISIONS DECISIONS!
- Pewter Metalic Wedge Sandal 71 AUD 50 AUD ($52) – wallisfashion.com
- uk.accessorize.com 54 AUD (£35) – uk.accessorize.com
- Andy T-Bar Sandal 80 AUD – witchery.com.au Patent Sandal. This style features T-bar styling with stud detailing.
- KATE SPADE Faylyn Thong Sandal Beige Fabric 265 AUD 135 AUD ($143) – jildorshoes.com
- Lola Cruz Flat Sandals – Beige 265 AUD 76 AUD (£49) – the-dressingroom.com
- Forever New Shelley Circle Embellished Sandal 70 AUD – forevernew.com.au
- Gold circle embellished sandal Miu Miu Starfish Sandal 720 AUD ($750) – barneys.com
- Gold glitter pumps 19 AUD (£12) – debenhams.com
- Wholesale Selling Japanese Korean princess shoes pink lace wedding sho… 40 AUD ($41) – dhgate.com
- Pull & Bear Ballerinas With Metal Toe 47 AUD (£30) – pullandbear.com
- OASIS Floral Ballerina Pumps 54 AUD 39 AUD (£25) – oasis-stores.com
- Light brown floral cutout pumps 43 AUD 35 AUD (£22) – debenhams.com
- Clemence Woven Ballet Flat 140 AUD – witchery.com.au Braided raffia upper with leather lining.
- Jimmy Choo Glenda Glitter Ballerinas 405 AUD ($425) – mytheresa.com
Seriously ladies (and gents) help me decide!